Monday, February 12, 2007

Featured Designer - Peddler Hill Primitives

I thought it would be fun to start featuring some of the wonderful designers on Pattern Mart. Our first featured designer is Terri of Peddler Hill Primitives.

--------------------------



First/Last Name: Terri Chambers
Name of Business: Peddler Hill Primitives
Web site URL: http://www.peddlerhillprimitives.com/
What primary things do you sell? Primitive and Folk Art Dolls and patterns



About Terri and Peddler Hill Primitives:

Hi, I`m Terri Chambers and I`m a craftaholic!!! I am married and a mother of 3 lovely (of course) children. We live in NY with the house, 2 car garage and doggie.

My sewing habit started at a young age. I took sewing for Home Economics in 8th grade and made a lined jacket at home within a month of learning to sew. I was just meant to sew.

Well first came love, then came marriage, then the baby carriages and sewing took a back seat for a while, until I began sewing my childrens` Halloween costumes. I have to say they were the best dressed dogs, princesses, scarecrows and Dorothy`s etc, around.

I always liked the country style of decorating but a friend turned me on to primitives!!!! I started buying things on ebay right and left, spending way too much money. It finally dawned on me that I could make this stuff....I`m artistic...I can sew...so why dont I make my own dolls and such and make some money as well.

Well my thriftiness and greed turned into a passion. I love creating new things and learning new ways to craft. Each item I make is almost like my child and I love it so much. You might wonder how I can part with my babies. However even children need to go out on their own, so I know they will find a new life and a good home. I know I will always miss them but once I start my next project....a new life is beginning. --Terri Chambers

No comments: