Thursday, February 22, 2007

Altered Art

I must say that I am completely intrigued by altered art. Everything from scrapbooking to altering books. It's all just so interesting looking and amazing how you can take something, add neat elements to it and voila...you have a piece of altered art.

Well, ok it may not be as simple as that. At least with my first attempt I made I learned a lot and while I'm very pleased with how it turned out, there are some things I would do differently.

This is a vintage book that I altered. The most tedious part was cutting through hundreds of pages to create the "window". Once I finally got through that the rest was quite fun and I look forward to the next one. This one is more of a patriotic, americana theme. It has a boy in his little attire riding a bar of Pearline soap which comes from a actual vintage ad from the 1800's and is mounted in a 3-D fashion within the window. You can find great vintage printables at www.InstantPrintables.com which you can download instantly.

I am looking forward to the next piece of altered art. This is quite addictive and I find myself looking at different objects these days and thinking to myself "that would look neat altered".



Try your hand at altered art, I think you'll love it!

No comments: